The month of December is my FAVORITE time of the year. The lights, carols, cookies, hot cocoa, Christmas trees, candle light service, gift giving, celebrating Jesus....how can you not enjoy this time of year. We start the season off with visiting Santa at Fashion Island. The kids are always SO excited to see the TALL tree and Santa. This year they asked for an American Girl doll for little Miss Taelor and a Lego Police Station for Ethan. We watched so many Christmas movies just about everight, drank hot cocoa, and of course chocolate covered popcorn from TJ's (along with all the other "seasonal" goodies they have). We tried to enjoy and soak in all the lights and Christmas music. I am pretty sure Jingle Bells will be in my head for the next few months. My favorite part of Christmas is the Candlelight service at church on Christmas Eve. Something about listening to the story of the night Jesus was born, while singing Silent Night and seeing our kids holding their candles so tightly is forever something that will be a favorite memory of mine.
Christmas Eve was spent till the wee hours of the night at my parents house. The giggles and laughter from the little cousins make this night so memorable. Even though we didn't get all snug in our beds until after midnight....for mommy and daddy closer to 2 am....Santa made it to our house! Ethan says he heard him outside....The morning was filled with unwrapping gifts, relaxing and putting together all.the.legos. the kids received from Santa. After hours ( I mean days) of putting together Legos, all cafes, police stations, ambulance trucks, and bakery's were set up and we now have a Lego City in our house. We have a new addition to our family....Saige! No I didn't have another baby, just an American Girl Doll that will probably cost us just the same as having another daughter (more about her in another post). But Taelor loves her so much and she goes everywhere with her that it will be all worth it. Kind of reminds me when I got my first Cabbage Patch doll (yes I just dated myself....I'm getting old!) Loom bracelets were being made for everyone and I am sure I will be findingrubber bands everywhere! After a VERY lazy day I had the kids change out of their jammies to eat dinner and soon after they were right back in them. It was a perfect Christmas! I will miss the season when it is all over, but for now I will savor the last few weeks of it!
Hope you all had a great Christmas! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
XO
Mommy























No comments:
Post a Comment