





Christmas is my most favorite time of the year, I love this season and I love the true meaning of Christmas and that we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. I love that I can teach this to my children and let them know that Christmas isn't just about the presents. I have taught my children (or at least tried to explain to 2 toddlers) about giving gifts and the thought that goes behind it. This year has to be the Christmas I have ever had. Seeing the excitement and joy through the eyes of a 3 year old and almost 2 year old was priceless. The month leading up to Christmas was so fun for me, explaining what Christmas was all about, showing them lights on all the houses, decorating our tree, singing Christmas songs, seeing Santa, baking, and the best of all, just being able to share this season with my greatest gifts off all, my two children and loving husband.
As much as I enjoy this season and time of year, Christmas really did come and go for us, moving in December is really not a good idea when you want to enjoy the whole month, but we did the best we could. I was so last minute on gifts and wrapping and was shopping up until Christmas Eve, but I did it and everyone loved their gifts. The weekend before Christmas my parents had their annual Christmas party which I love so much because I get to see all of my crazy, loving, loud family and we all love getting together. Then Christmas Eve we went to my parents house for good ol' homemadeTamales (and yes of course my mom caters to me and makes me chile and cheese ones) and they were oh so good! I look forward to them every year. The little kids this year were so cute to watch, and they really all do love each other so much. We were there until midnight so "Santa" was up late wrapping last minute gifts and needless to say didn't get to bed until 2am and was up at 7:30am! But it was so worth it.
As much as I enjoy this season and time of year, Christmas really did come and go for us, moving in December is really not a good idea when you want to enjoy the whole month, but we did the best we could. I was so last minute on gifts and wrapping and was shopping up until Christmas Eve, but I did it and everyone loved their gifts. The weekend before Christmas my parents had their annual Christmas party which I love so much because I get to see all of my crazy, loving, loud family and we all love getting together. Then Christmas Eve we went to my parents house for good ol' homemadeTamales (and yes of course my mom caters to me and makes me chile and cheese ones) and they were oh so good! I look forward to them every year. The little kids this year were so cute to watch, and they really all do love each other so much. We were there until midnight so "Santa" was up late wrapping last minute gifts and needless to say didn't get to bed until 2am and was up at 7:30am! But it was so worth it.
Christmas morning was like heaven for the kids and for us to see the joy on their faces, Santa left their stockings on the end of their beds so they were very excited to know he came even before they got out of bed. Taelor's face was filled with so much surprise and excitement when she saw all the presents under the tree, Ethan on the other hand was a bit tired and cranky but sure perked up when he saw his little bike! Our morning was relaxing, and so much fun. Taelor was excited about her princess blanket and her Barbie "laptop". Out of all the presents, Ethan loved his bike and his trash truck, once he opened that he wanted nothing else to do with the rest of the presents, it took him about an hour to get around to his other presents, so trash truck comes along with us everywhere even to bed. The rest of our day was spent lounging around the house until mid afternoon and then headed to Gamma's house for dinner. It was sooo good and the English trifle and plum pudding was SO delicious! I really have a lot to live up too as my mother in law is the best cook and baker!
As the holiday season nears to an end I look to the New Year ahead I look with my head held high and with new hopes, dreams and aspirations for my family in 2010. I look forward to new beginnings and will say good bye to 2009 with a tear in my eye. I hope everyone had a wonderful, joyous and peaceful Christmas.

No comments:
Post a Comment