This past weekend I was at my parent's Christmas party and was chatting to everyone as I always do and when I got to my dad's cousins Art and Lucille they were both so in shock of how much I reminded them of my mom. They said my mannerism, the way I spoke, my hand gestures, everything, was just like my mom. I loved it, for a moment I felt like I WAS my mom.
The past few weeks a few people have made mention of my mom and it always hits me this time of year, she passed away on December 2, 1979, at the young age of 36. I can't even imagine that Christmas for my dad and sisters, it was probably the hardest and difficult time, but it always reminds me of her, reminds me of the wonderful person she was and that she left such a lasting footprint on every ones life. As I near the age she was, I feel that many are being reminded of her and her radiant ways, and it makes me happy to know that her spirit lives through me and that she is always a part of me. Thank you Art and Lucille for saying that I am my mom, it touched me more than you will know. I can only hope that I am half the woman and wife that she was.
1 comment:
xo!
Post a Comment