Thursday, December 28, 2006

Still waiting for Taelor

We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Our little Christmas present decided to wait and will join us after all the craziness has died down. But that is ok with us, but we are still anxiously awaiting her arrival.
Today is her due date but she is just too cozy in my belly and has not wanted to join us yet. We had our Dr. appointment today and I am still 1cm dialated but I have thinned to 70%. I have started to have contractions but they are not very regular and they come and go. We thought we were going to have her on Christmas as my contractions were 6-8 minutes apart for half of the day, but the next day, they stopped. I think she was just excited about Christmas.
I cannot complain yet, I still feel good other than my feet and ankles (or should I say cankles) are very swollen. They are HUGE!! I think they each weigh at least 5 pounds. Other than that I am not miserable being 40 weeks pregnant. Saul and I went walking after our appointment today hoping we will be able to start up some contractions, so we will have to see. If she does not come within the next week, I will be induced next Friday, January 5th. So either way she will be here within a week. We are really hoping she comes on her own in the next few days.
As her arrival (or should I say late arrival) is approaching, Saul and I are starting to get a bit nervous, excited and anxious all at the same time. We just keep praying for a safe, easy labor and a healthy baby girl. We cannot wait for her arrival day, to meet her and give her lots of hugs and kisses. We are as ready as we can be (or at least we think so for now) for her to come. Her room is done, her cute little clothes are all washed and put away and my bag is waiting by the door. We will just have to wait and see.
Thank you to everyone who called to check on us, your thoughts mean the world to us. We are so blessed to have such loving and caring family and friends. Thank you for all your love and support. We will keep you posted this next week. Pray that she will come before next Friday! Saul and I still cannot believe she is going to be here any day. Our pregnancy has gone by so fast and we have enjoyed every moment of it. I can honestly say, I have loved being pregnant and I feel blessed that I have been able to enjoy it.
Hopefully our next update will be that she is here. We will keep you posted. May everyone have a wonderful and safe Happy New Year! We love you all. Keep praying for us!

No comments: